- Abenteuer Datenjournalismus!, computer science workshop for schools, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Chair: AIPHES Knowledge Transfer Workshop, Journalism meets Computer Science, November 11, 2016, Darmstadt, Germany.
- First Shared Task on Russian Semantic Similarity Evaluation (RUSSE), May 27–30, 2015, Moscow, Russia.
- “Text als Werkstück”: Wege zu einer computerunterstützten Überarbeitung von deutschen Texten, DEUTSCH 3.0 Workshop, Deutsches Institut für Internationale Pädagogische Forschung, July 7, 2014, Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- Local Chair: International Conference of the German Society for Computational Linguistics and Language Technology (GSCL), September 23–27, 2013, Darmstadt, Germany.
Program Committee and Reviewer
- Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing and 9th International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing (EMNLP/IJCNLP), November 3–7, 2019, Hong Kong, China.
- 57th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), July 28–August 2, 2019–2010, Florence, Italy.
- Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL), June 2–7, 2019, Minneapolis, MN, USA.
- Ninth Symposium on Educational Advances in Artificial Intelligence (EAAI), January 28–29, 2019, Honolulu, HI, USA.
- Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), October 30–November 4, 2018, Brussels, Belgium.
- Language Resources and Evaluation (LRE) Journal, Springer, July 2018.
- 11th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), May 7–12, 2018, Miyazaki, Japan.
- 27th World Wide Web Conference (WWW), April 23–27, 2018, Lyon, France.
- ACM Transactions on Internet Technology (TOIT), ACM, February 2018.
- Eighth Symposium on Educational Advances in Artificial Intelligence (EAAI), February 3–4, 2018, New Orleans, LA, USA.
- 12th Workshop on Innovative Use of NLP for Building Educational Applications (BEA), September 8, 2017, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), September 7–11, 2017, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 10th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), May 23–28, 2016, Portorož, Slovenia.
- LREC Workshop on Cross-Platform Text Mining and Natural Language Processing Interoperability (INTEROP), May 23, 2016, Portorož, Slovenia [secondary reviewer].
- 53rd Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics and the 7th International Joint Conference of the Asian Federation of Natural Language Processing (ACL/IJCNLP), July 26–31, 2015, Beijing, China.
- 4th conference on Analysis of Images, Social Networks, and Texts (AIST), April 9–11, 2015, Yekaterinburg, Russia.
- 52nd Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), June 22–27, 2014, Baltimore, MD, USA.
- 9th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), May 26–31, 2014, Reykjavik, Iceland.
- 14th Conference of the European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (EACL), April 26–30, 2014, Gothenburg, Sweden.
- ACM Transactions on the Web (TWEB), Vol. 8, ACM, March 2014.
- The People’s Web Meets NLP: Collaboratively Constructed Language Resources (Eds. Iryna Gurevych and Jungi Kim), Springer, April 2013.
- 3rd ACL Workshop “The People’s Web meets NLP: Collaboratively Constructed Semantic Resources and their Applications to NLP”, July 12–13, 2012, Jeju, Republic of Korea.
- 12th International Conference on Intelligent Text Processing and Computational Linguistics (CICLing), February 20–26, 2011, Tokyo, Japan [secondary reviewer].
Memberships and Academic Networks
- European Language Resources Association (ELRA)
- European Network for Combining Language Learning with Crowdsourcing Techniques (enetCollect),
- Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL)
- European Network of e-Lexicography (ENeL)
- Gesellschaft für Sprachtechnologie & Computerlinguistik (GSCL)
- DFG-Forschungsnetzwerk “Internetlexikografie”,
A wordle created from some of my publications.